View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 11:08   #1531
NigelDay
Premier Member

Arianne - your ears must have been burning. Just this last Wednesday, we took a pleasant trip up the A68 through Jedburgh and onto Duns. Passed the Lloyd JLR garage in Kelso. Thought to myself, we are in Arianne country. Wonder how he is getting on. Its been a bit quiet recently.
I would echo SuffolkBoy. If you can 'exit' before 23 March with minimal financial loss (apart from the wheels, which I am sure you can sell next Autumn), then I would press the 'QUIT JLR' button. I just feel they have a fundamental (and similar ?) problem with both the F-Pace and the Velar. It's a great shame but it is NOT the job of the early adopters of new models to perform fault-testing.
Where do you go from here ? I don't know. Having just mentioned 'early adopters', do you think a fully loaded 'new' XC60 would be worth a look, with Polestar added ? Certainly cheaper than £70k. Having read most of the reviews of the new XC60, they are nearly all very positive. That's a good start.
There's a new-platform Macan just around the corner, but if Mrs A doesn't like the look of it, then you can't go down that route - and again it would make you an 'early adopter'. There's also the new X3 which is getting good reviews, but as always it needs an extended test drive to know if the reviews are really truthful.
Have you any winter holiday photographs to share ?
Good luck with your forward decision.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:11.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote