Thread: t4 colour
View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 21:43   #15
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Sorry but to me £500 sounds a lot with that to do list - there's parts, labour and the time with the car off the road - and that's assuming nothing else turns up post re-MOT'ing it - that's a big fail list, after all.

AFAIK body rot is not a common issue with this model so I'd have to wonder why after all the previous near clean passes so much was discovered in that last MOT.

It feels you're assuming that because it's yellow it's somehow more valuable than any other particular colour.

In comparison my T4's running quite nicely at the moment - yes, it's got some 'dings' on it's metallic black paintwork, but as regards previous MOT's there's only two advisories (Y672FAU if you're interested), just discoloured side repeaters as of 2019.

Since owning it we've put just over 9k miles on it and it's been a good car for us.

Full disclosure: I purchased it from a member on here with 7 mos MOT (see above) ... for £250.

So that's why I'd not have expected mine to sell for more than £500 and it doesn't require anywhere near the level of work of the one being discussed on here.

If you carry on looking around you'll find something ready to run that's going to require a lot less work, time, money, etc on it.