Thread: S40 (New) General : - Anti skid service required
View Single Post
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 19:14   #23
michaelab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
S40 D5 56 plate 42k and out of warranty
The dreaded anti skid service warning come on the other day, the car was due to go to the garage( HR Owen ) for regular service so asked them to look at it. They then informed me after running a diagnostic check that it was a faulty
ABS module but they were happy to inform me that Volvo UK will be picking up the tab for this as it is a known issue and my model is covered up till 2013...The bill for this would have been in excess £1200 for diagnostic,ABS bits and labour... So if any of you also have this warning come up on a model about the same age as mine get check out at a Volvo garage with luck you will be covered.
Have a C70 2007 model. Went for a scheduled service today. The Anti Skid light came on about 10 days ago and they agreed to check it with the service. When the Dealer contacted me to say the service was complete they also said the BCU had gone and that was why the light was on. In the same breath they said a replacement BCU was in hand with Volvo picking up the tab for all of it inc. diagnostics & labour. I just got in at 5 years old so it is 100%. After that it would have been 50%. Take heart.
michaelab is offline   Reply With Quote