Thread: S40 (New) General : - Anti skid service required
View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 15:10   #28
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Well I've just had an Anti-Skid service required scare.

Just been up to Scotland for Christmas and and after a 540 mile trip all was well but the following day I got in the car and done a short trip and again all seemed to be well, however on my return journey a couple of hours later I got the dredded 'Anti-Skid Service Required' message appear on the DIM - doh! Not impressed.

I turnbed engine off, took out key left for a while turned engine back on again in the hope it would disappear but no the dredded message was still there. I then decided to to take the car for a short drive and done a few heavy sharp brake maneouvers and returned to the car park - still with 'Anti-Skid Service' message on dash. On parking up I turned engine off and turned back on but now the message changed to 'Anti-Skid Off'. I thought this was strange so I turned engine off and on a few times but still the DIM would show 'Anti-Skid Off'. I went for another short trip and after another couple of brake manoevers I returned to the car park again, turned engine off and back on again and this time the 'Anti-Skid Off' message had now gone and back to NO messages at all.

Now days later, I've never had another Anti-Skid message and everything has been fine (touch wood).

Fingers crossed as my car is a 2004 and I'd be looking at stumping up the full amount for the repair that it doesn't come back again.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote