View Single Post
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 11:51   #23
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
HI,

We use Lex (among others), and I have just spoken to their sales support to get clarification on this.

It does sound like they have a blanket response for all manufacturer that no connected car features can be activated. The rationale is apparently do to with Data Protection and the way the car uses the information. They have sent out requests from each manufacturer to request how the information is used, etc, before they change their stance on it.

I'm going to send an email to Volvo UK to get their take on it and how if effects us selling vehicles via Lex and will report back.

Kind Regards

Marc
well done ,

Here is what lex say about it according to the other post on this subject , in red is the systems they are talking about , ie the volvo wi-fi booking system . ON-Call has been around now for about 20 years so why are they banning it now and what are their plans when this is fitted to all cars by law in the near future ? They really are ignorant of the systems fitted to volvo cars.

We have been liaising with each manufacturer to understand their individual connected technology systems and to advise them that Lex Autolease will not be utilising such systems. Feedback so far has been extremely positive with one manufacturer confirming that almost all leasing companies have adopted the same approach (i.e. opting out of such technology in their vehicles) in order for them to manage their customers’ driver experience in line with their contracted responsibilities.

Furthermore, the use of connected services could result in increased costs and reduced flexibility for both Lex Autolease and our customers. At present, we utilise a mixture of franchise, non-franchise and independent garages to carry out maintenance activities. This provides flexibility for our customers and ensures our maintenance budgets remain as competitive as possible without compromising on service levels. By enabling connected services which direct customers only to franchised dealers, our maintenance costs would increase due to higher labour rates and this additional cost would have to be passed on to customers, something we are keen to avoid.