View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2020, 18:03   #36
encroute

I also bought both the Wireless Charger and the Wireless CarPlay2AIR - but the Android version.

First the charger
Very neat snug fit, and the rubber ring stops the phone (Samsung S8 in a standard clear case) from moving around. Looks like a Volvo product. Very happy.

One issue I've found - if were in the car together, I may pop out while my wife sits in the car. If I switch the engine off and then the ignition back on, so the radio does not power down, and leave the phone on unit charging, when I return the car cannot detect my key (The key plate is covered by the unit) - so I have to remove the phone to stop it charging.
Too many magnetic fields!

Note this is only if the ignition is left on AND the phone is charging - No charging phone, no problem.

The Android version of CarPlay2Air
This has been a total waste of time.
Not sure what it's supposed to do, as the Instructions are a mix of Apple and Android. The Bluetooth connection flashes, but isn't discoverable in the car, or when tested in my house.
The current USB cable used for Android Auto does not work when going via the unit - so I'm not sure what was supposed to happen.

The Andoid App (mentioned briefly in the instructions) does not see the Car when connected to the car and the phone - with or without the USB Cable.

After ordering, I noticed that "Android Auto via cable" on the Android version - which a) does not work, and b) negates the point of the unit.

Returning it as there is a fault - but what was it supposed to offer if Not Wireless Android Auto?
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote