View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 22:15   #11
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
I'm confused by this, my car was at the dealers about 3 weeks ago for a alarm issue, when I booked it in they said there were 3 recalls due and they would do them at the same time. One was the seat belt, the other was a manifold, and the final recall was a software one.

I received a letter on saturday for the cooling recall, I phoned the dealer yesterday and they checked and said this recall had already been done when the car was in last time. So I'm not sure if the manifold and the cooling system is the same recall?!?!? Does anyone have a picture of what the cooling system recall looks like, I think its an additional pipe, just wanted to double check if it's been done on mine
Mine had a replacement intake manifold a while ago during the 'manifold might catch fire' recall and a significant software update was part of that - to generate a warning and shut down affected cylinders if any intake valves became unable to close due to soot build-up - but my cooling system obviously wasn't done as part of that.

If there's anything to see after mine's had the cooling system recall done tomorrow then I'll take a picture and post it here (unless someone beats me to it).

I'm not aware of a stand-alone software update recall.