View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 11:22   #14
beachcomber550
Beachcomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
You might do, but why not present a car at its best? Most people judge a car on how it looks to start off with. A clean well presented car might indicate a car has been well looked after, a dirty one might suggest a car isn't cared for. Not always the case and you should always look deeper but if you want top price you've got to put the effort in.

Pics don't show the roof bars/spoiler either. At least take some current pictures.
I appreciate what you're saying [ I think ] however, if I go to see a car with a view to buying [ especially a project ] I'm more concerned that the paint is good, NO rust, NO dents / repairs required and a good running car mechanically. A good recent service / maintenance history is a serious bonus - again which this car has.

I've seen many builds on here where rust is a major factor - both structural and cosmetic - and along with dents and dings- which this car doesn't suffer from. There's quite a few cars with rippled panels and other issues.

Had the project moved forward it would have been resprayed - so no point in cleaning / waxing only to have to be removed.

Again - over on the build thread I have noted that the roof bars have been purchased [ along with spoiler ] and seeking advice / wrinkles FOR FITTING. Which might elude to the fact that they have not yet been fitted. I'm sure a potential buyer would know what the car looks like with those items attached.

However, thanx for taking the time to pass on selling tips - duly noted.
beachcomber550 is offline   Reply With Quote