Thread: Door cards
View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 13:22   #6
slowprop

Thanks Guys,

I hadn't realised you can buy a kit. Actually they look quite good. Have any of you used one of these kits and were you pleased with the result ?

Since I first posted this I've spoken to a local trimmer who says he might be able to heat up and stretch and glue the original vinyl back down. Or failing that he says he can recover with black vinyl which should look OK I think as some of the interior plastics etc are black. I'm thinking he will probably end up recovering.

Cost is going to be £200 if he can repair the original vinyl or £300 if he as to recover. That's for all 4 doors. Plus he will take off the door cards and replace.

So it's more expensive than the repair kit. Which is going to be just under 100 Euros delivered.

I'm guessing that the repair kit will do an OK job but the trimmers will do a more professional looking job than I would do with a repair kit.

The rest of the interior is immaculate. I've spent ages this week steam cleaning the boot and spare wheel and all the interior plastics. Steam cleaning the leather seats and treating them with leather cleaner and shampooing the carpets and mats. It really does look great inside now and the door cards are letting it down.

EDIT - on further inspection the wrinkles are not just along the top. On a couple of doors the vinyl is loose at the side near the top. So I don't think the kit is going to work very well for me.

Last edited by slowprop; Jan 19th, 2019 at 13:59.
slowprop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowprop For This Useful Post: