View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 10:19   #7
Oscar22

Hi All,

In case anybody's interested, here's the diagnosis from the garage:

"I did various pressure tests, but had frustrating results. Even with the car on the lift, the accessibility to the area of suspicion was almost nil . You can't see much of anything down there. So I had to use the force.

I think that the pressure pipe from the turbo was the main source of the leak, and I believe that this was due to a loose clip. Or, just not tight enough. It was probably ok for all this time, until one day it wasn't. So I have removed the pipe, cleaned and looked at it and put it back on - further this time, and with the clip as tight as I dare. Curiously, there were no fault codes to clear. I've driven it, and it seems fine.

When doing the pressure test, I did notice that the little connecting rod to the swirl flaps has popped off. I connected it, but it has come straight off again. This is a sign that your flaps have seized or one has cracked. It's a common thing, and unfortunately quite a job. There are many driving around in this state, but your economy and performance can be impaired. There is also a small air leak in this area (under the engine cover - just beneath the rocker cover near the oil filler)

Just putting it on your radar."

All seems fine for now, until next time!

Thanks,
Oscar.
Oscar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oscar22 For This Useful Post: