View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 20:19   #7
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

I've judged at the National for Class 10 - its actually a very under-subscribed class normally. 2 years running I think there were maybe 5 or 6 cars in there - most of which were C30s.

The judging is based around overall points - not a convertable vs hardtop vs saloon. Cross judging between them's pretty easy as you can run on overall condition. Scratched roof on the saloon vs pristine soft-top? Vice versa?

In theory you can judge a P1800 against the newest XC90's.
If the XC90 has worse paint - be it swirls, scratches, hedge marks, dings from trolleys in Tesco, or mud in the footwells, or a scratch on the alloys, or a filthy engine bay ... it won't get good points. If the P1800 has just come back from a £20k ground up rebuild with all new parts, and has driven 3 miles since ... then it'll natually score the higher points.

A few questions back at you, to entice the discussion along a little bit ...

Did you offer to assist with the judging at all?

Can you recomend how you would break down the classes, without us ending up with 500 different classes? Should my V70R AWD be judged against the 2.0L S70s, and the 2.5 T5 C70s? Should 700's be judged with 900s? Where should V90's go? They're more 900 series than they are 850/V70?

Classes will always be a bit of a bone of contention, and will always be a work in progress, to make sure its as fair as possible. Generally the big issue is with getting enough judges. As a Section Secretary you're perfectly placed to volunteer to help ...

James
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post: