View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 17:59   #87
Don Ho

Default Remote start and warming up interior

I have a 2019 XC90 T6 without the auxiliary heater. I reside in Canada and the temperatures are currently under 0 degrees centigrade. I want to remotely start the vehicle, let the engine warm up and heat the cabin so it is warm when I get into the vehicle 10-15 minutes later.....yes I am aware of environmental impacts. I have the steering wheel and seat heat setting turned on. I thought this was a simple ask as every other vehicle I have owned in my 60 years + would do this and the vehicle interior heater would kick in when the engine warmed up. The heater controls in all those previous vehicles would function as they were set when the engine was shut off. I'm now rolling into my second winter with my XC90 and I have yet to get into a warmed interior. I start the vehicle remotely, let it run for 10-15 minutes, and when I get into the interior temperature equals the outside temperature. I do get warm air from the interior heater as set when I turned of the vehicle once I disengage the remote start. What pray tell am I missing?
Don Ho is offline   Reply With Quote