Thread: S40 V40 Cars: - clutch cost
View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 18:46   #13
martin93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewst View Post
Arent newer phase2 1.9d volvo gearboxes?
It doesn't matter. Just because it's Volvo doesn't mean its good. I had a 2.0 phase 2 with the M56 box, and it was a horrible thing. The input shaft bearing let go at 90K. My P1 with the Renault box is fab, and none of the petrol Renault boxes had a DMF. Just my experience though.

This is a pointless argument. There are many threads on the forums with wars for and against the DMF. I am an engineer, and to me, having something there to dampen out the vibrations from a harsh four cylinder DIESEL is a good idea. Especially if the car was designed and built with it. Having something there to dampen out the vibrations from a smooth four cylinder PETROL (look at the sassy capitals) is pointless which is why I would remove a DMF from a petrol V40 in a heartbeat.

Anyway, as I also pointed out in my original reply, which everyone seems to have ignored, I'm pretty sure a solid flywheel from an 850 won't fit a Renault diesel. Agreed? Just making sure the OP doesn't buy an 850 unit based on poor information.

Last edited by martin93; Oct 26th, 2018 at 18:54.
martin93 is offline   Reply With Quote