View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 12:44   #8
Balistaff

Default Cleaned & Checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balistaff View Post
Did you get the fault fixed?
I've got no codes showing on my Foxwell NT614 ODB2 Fault Scanner

I've cleaned the throttle body (recommended on another thread) but there didn't seem to be too much dirt/gunck on the lower edge where the valve closes. I really don't think that this was the issue as I've never had problems on pick up (i.e. acceleration requiring the throttle to open for the air intake to increase) and the car idles well; but then you never know!

Also located the CEM under the steering wheel on the drivers side (RHD car). This has also been suggested as a problem if there has ever been water ingress due to sunroof drains being blocked. The Driver's side on my RHD Volvo has never had water ingress and/or pools of water on the driver's footwell (It has happened twice on the passenger side). The CEM was dry as a bone, with a few cobwebs too!

I also took out the two relays (Ref# 9441161) pictured in the CEM above, checked the contacts and re-seated. These were also quoted as possible suspects on other forum threads. In my case, no issue from the CEM as far as I can see:

I've driven the car on a few short journeys (5-10 miles) and all seems fine; but of course, this is an intermittent fault! Mileage circa 68,750 miles so let's see when it re-occurs
Balistaff is offline   Reply With Quote