View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 19:46   #3
luggsey
The truth is out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc122 View Post
Hi i have not been a member for long and this is my first post.If it`s in the wrong place i appologise.
My problem is i have an xc70 2007 vintage with the 185 engine and i`m getting this really annoying booming noise coming from around the egr valve and don`t have access to the software to pin point the actual problem ,sometimes usually when it`s cold on a morning it sounds ok but as soon as things warm up it starts and it is driving me crazy.I have a copy of scantool and another but have no idea what i`m doing wrong but it wont connect with interface ????.If any one could point me in the right direction of eather someone with software or knows whats causing it i would be eternally greatfull .i live in the area of wakefield/huddersfield/castleford.
Mine does it, I'm sure some of the noise is the egr doing its thang.
Others have reported lazy lifters generating the "tug boat" noise.
I flushed my engine with LiquiMoly and put in fresh oil again and I think mine is slightly improved. I'm wary of going near the egr if it's not faulty but others have reported gunking up of the egr pipework....cleaning the egr is my next option to track this down.
BTW Clan on here said it could be the vacuum pump exhaust, I know nothing more than that!

It's a dogs life!

XC70 D5 2006 244K Still chugging!
CRV 2.2 2006 216K Reactivated.
luggsey is offline   Reply With Quote