View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2017, 05:55   #13
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
With a NA engine there is some power loss. This can be evened out by using a timing advance processor to advance teh timing. Higher CR would be better but would cause issues with petrol.

Turbo engine don't have the issue
Thank you 'classic' that makes some sense to me... I think. But even with a turbo upping the charge, each cycle, it's doing that with petrol too, so because the engine has to be set-up to manage the lower octane petrol, the problem still hasn't gone away, it's just been eased? What have I missed? I'm guessing in a turbo set-up, you 'could' up the boost under LPG/CNG thus effectively upping the CR thru' other means. Do I have htis right? If so, do most cars allow you to do this?

On my NA car I do have a small drop-off, in peak power and torque, which I would expect, yet it's only noticeable if I press-on in a licence-losing style so frankly I'm not bothered.

And 'Mr Jones' has a set-up (rightly or wrongly) to negate the perceived issue. How should it be set?