View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 13:55   #20
mhuk

Not to go off topic too far but... I checked the codes and got 111 all good on all areas. The PCV box has been removed and cleaned (it was not dirty tbh) I can see some gears under that box. It's chipped and was OK before changing the air filter.

I have however found the O2 sensor was screwed in about half way so not getting a good reading from the exhaust flow? I cleaned the boss up and waiting for the M18 1.5 die to come so i can clean the sensor up because it's been rammed in the hole.

My throttle cable was not in the correct groove so the TPS was not switching on the idle control correcly. Had massive improvement since. However coming down from high revs down the gears and putting clutch in as I go for 1st will sometimes result in the revs dropping and it dies. It will happen several times in a row then not for another 10miles or whatever. Idles fine otherwise.

Anyways back to air filters. Don't bother with cones unless you have a reason. The volvo airbox is massive. Route some cold air into it.

Or fit water meth injection / big intercooler or charge cooler.
mhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mhuk For This Useful Post: