View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 00:13   #1
TotalSolutions

Default A few more niggles.

A few more niggles with my new XC40 Inscription

Have you noticed the tailgate (boot) once unlocked and then closed, stays unlocked when you unknowingly walk away only to find anyone passing by can reopen the tailgate. Apparently you must lock the car again! Not very British.

Driving along, at say a restricted 50mph A class road when suddenly the car brakes / slows to 30mph (scared) having "read" a 30mph limit somewhere. Certainly wakes me up a bit! It has done this several times and could cause a rear end shunt. Please beware.

Recently while waiting in turn for the petrol pump I tried to move ahead and being confused by all the parking brake (P) and park (P) buttons frantically multi-shifting Reverse and Drive the car violently jolted, like I had been rear ended or I hit something. Did I engage both Reverse an Drive at the same time? Only did I do this the once and not tried a re-enactment incase I damage the automatic drive train.

When I use the gear selector I move it forward to go backwards and back to drive forward very confusing, its enough the double select and two Neutrals (The Double Tap)

There is no linkage just digital selection why not Forward to go forward and reverse to reverse?

Is this why "old people drive off a cliff edge or into the sea?

Its the first time I have ever turned OFF a Satnav
Really annoying, 3D useless not enough information and road ahead distance deceiving and distracting to view having to look to the centre display all the time. The drivers display useless when navigating a roundabout, there are a lot in Milton Keynes! (Hint, The steering wheel spokes get in the way. Doh) I still prefer the Garmin portable unit I have used for many years a glance to the side is brilliant and never out of site, a real life saver.

The Speed Limit function - What happens is the car actually speeds up when the Speed rating on the road goes from 30 to 50. Great in slow moving traffic queues

Cars to clever and its trying to kill me. I find it difficult to "Drive" when it does the driving and takes over, the human keeps holding her back. Not happy with it and do not look forward to taking her out really.Yes disappointed I let the bigger boot of our Nissan Qashqai go as it took the mobility scooter in one piece across the boot.

Lots more to tell but will see what folks here think and its after midnight.
TotalSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote