View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2020, 16:01   #3
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSolutions View Post
A few more niggles with my new XC40 Inscription

Have you noticed the tailgate (boot) once unlocked and then closed, stays unlocked when you unknowingly walk away only to find anyone passing by can reopen the tailgate. Apparently you must lock the car again! Not very British.
Maybe worth taking a look at the link below;

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...rated-tailgate

When you close the boot you can either "Close" or "Close and Lock" which should eliminate this issue?

If you're opening it from the key fob and closing it on the key fob then yes, you'll have to lock it too - the car will warn you on your On Call App if you leave it unlocked so you can simply lock it on your phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSolutions View Post

Driving along, at say a restricted 50mph A class road when suddenly the car brakes / slows to 30mph (scared) having "read" a 30mph limit somewhere. Certainly wakes me up a bit! It has done this several times and could cause a rear end shunt. Please beware.
If you turn off the "Speed Sign Assist" in the Car Functions menu then the Speed Limiter will only change the limit its set to if you change it which will avoid this issue

Details at link below:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...-speed-limiter

With regards to the Sat Nav - you're obviously used to the way in which the Garmin you have been using for many years display things - the car has a different layout and maybe its just a case of adjusting to this? I personally always have the Centre Screen set as a 2D view with heading up and then use the centre screen for a 3D view

The gear change side of thing - this is something which you should get used to in time I'd like to hope - no reports of people (old or otherwise) driving off cliffs due to it so far

Hope the above helps?

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Mar 23rd, 2020 at 16:06.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: