View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 13:13   #22
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

We have a 2012 V60 D2,a nd a 2013 V60 D4 (one of the last of the 5 cylinders), I have to say my partner loves her D2, andaround town it's fine, on the motorway it will happily sit at 70-80mph with no issues, the lack of power is only really noticable while overtaking, or on an A road blast.

Personally I prefer the D4 engine, its quick enough to be fun, and engaging, power delivery is much better, and the 5 cylinder sound track is great. MPG wise I'm pretty sure there's not a lot in it, around town/local driving the D2 maybe slightly better, but then on a long run the D4 is better, probably at at motoway speeds the D4 is at lower revs.

But theres not really a lot in it either was I average about 41/2-43mpg, I have a short commute to work, on a long run I can see 49-51mpg, my partner verages 43-44mpg (same kind of short commute), same kind of long commute in the D2 47-48.

When I got my V60 I had a choice of a lower spec D4 (which I got), or a slightly higher spec D2, I wanted the engine over the kit/spec, and I haven't regretted it :-)
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post: