Thread: Information: - ETM Court Case
View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 02:15   #13
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.swan View Post
Many thanks to Andy for the info on this thread. My particular gripe is that not only do I have a 2001 V70 with this problem, but that it was sold to me as an approved used Volvo just last April. Surely the dealer must have been aware of this ETM issue at that time, but absolutly nothing was said to me about this at the time of sale. I was sold the car on the basis of it being a top condition low milage Volvo capable of many years use. In my view a classic breach of the sale of goods act. The crux is in proving when the dealer definatley should have known about this ETM problem. Was it pre April 2006? If anyone out there knows I should be very grateful to hear.
According to the following topic Volvo knew about this issue in 2005:
Linky....
They knew in so much as they admited there was a problem.
Take it as read, they would have known there was an issue long before they actually admited there was one.
From that you can infer that Volvo Corporation were aware that there were certain issues.

And anyway, from the case above, you do not really need to prove that the dealer knew there was an issue or not.
The sold that car on the basis it would last for years: it won't!
There is a fundamental flaw in the construction of the vehicle: thus not fit for purpose.

However, should you experience problems (or should that be when?) then you will need to get it fixed, and then - if it is not done for free - pay and sue.
But if need be get some legal advice - CAB or paid expert.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote