View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 09:55   #3
100K+
Premier Member

Default I've one on order....but not confirmed....

Think new models are all now petrol, no longer a diesel option, and Volvo have extended the range of all electric power from some 30 miles to some 50 miles. This is not real world but "theoretical", but still an improvement
Why did I choose Hybrid?
Over half ( possibly more ) of my journeys are less than 50 mile, so can be completed on cheap battery power, thats a win.
My daughter made me realise this when I lambasted her for buying an all electric Mazda with only 125ish mile range. "Dad all my weekly journeys are less than 60 miles I don't need a 300/400 mile range. I go over 125 miles possibly twice a year, I can borrow husbands car ( ICE)

I have a ICE, so no range anxiety , that's a win
I have AWD if I need it for the 2 days a year when we have snow and the roads have not been gritted, that's a win too.
Combined the ICE+ electric gives 350BHP thats another win.

Then there is the normal bog standard Volvo benefits, comfort, safety, not a Merc,Audi,BMW,

Only the extra price was a "loose" for me, but I keep my cars for years, so the extra is not as great per year when divided by time.

Only worry is that the car will arrive and due to component shortages will only be half completed..
Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote