View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 22:35   #14
minesa240x3
loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
I would support a separate 700 Register run by Prufrock.

I also strongly believe that it is important for every Register Keeper to appear to be active (no matter what good work they have done in the past), and that includes submitting notes for the 'Driver' on a regular basis ..... after all, that is our 'official' shop window on the world. If, for whatever reason, it is not possible for a Keeper to be seen to be active they should seriously consider relinquishing their post.

I would be more than happy to join up with other 700 owners for whatever might be organised, assuming the location and my commitments do not clash. However, I am not a 'bonnet opening' sort of participant, although in my opinion the outside looks nice and smart!!

Best of luck,

Bob.
I agree with your comments as far as Peter has been a little out of the loop lately.But personal circumstances have made it difficult for him to be quite so active.However if you read Aprils driver magazine you will note he wrote a very long article.He has an amazing amount of knowledge and has spent many years helping out.
The 700 section is so small compared to a few years ago and hopefully will start to grow as more people consider them more of a classic or dying breed. Someone like Peter who is retired can(when able)give a lot of his time to running it and helping others with problems and sourcing service tools etc.I'm sure my friend Prufrock is more than capable of doing the job and extremely knowledgeable but will you have time for it all?

All good discussion here as we need to keep the 700 vibrant.

Definately a seperate area for the 700 at the National BKV. And as many 700 cars as possible.All welcome pristine and daily hack.Maybe a one off invitation to non voc members as I'm still sure non members don't come as they can't put thier cars with ours.Not really that welcoming but may encourage others to join.

I thank Prufrock again for pointing this out to us and offering to help run it with help from a few of us.
Many Thanks Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote