View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 21:11   #1
Dave M

Default Hmmmmm...Bit of a Sore Topic This one!

Hi All,

Well People I 've Finally understood why people like "Sheerwater" no longer own a Volvo. I'll be joining him soon, when the Ol Girl Snuffs it, I won't be buying another!! Much as I enjoy the V6 and roaring about in her, I won't do it again....Here's why...

In May this year I ordered new engine Mounts for my fathers 440. One of which was a special order, Now there is a handling charge if the parts are returned undamaged. (Mine were still in their wrappers!!)

Due to unforseen circumstances, the decision was taken to buy a new car, therefore making the parts redundant. I tried this week to return the parts c/w receipt as proof of purchase, only to be told that I could take them and "Shove them...." as no refund would be given. The parts totalled £200. I asked for a better explanation, only to be told that the Garage that supplied them, doesn't need to take back unwanted goods! I was then told that this is also the attitude of Volvo UK. Naaawwwwww!!! Can't be, Can it???

Guess again!!! A quick call to Volvo UK and Alex (Female) tells me that the dealership that sold them is well within their rights to refuse a refund. What???? A handling charge maybe, but to refuse total responsibility is a bit over the top!!! Worse was to come, I then pointed out the amount of business that Volvo must loose with this style of response, Answer: So??? It's Sweden that's set the rules, nothing to do with the UK, therefore we still can't refund them. I then pointed out that I'd notify VOC and........ "Oh they are already aware of the situation and should have notified you , If ...You're a member that is!" Eh???? Now wait a minute here...Just why, would VOC know this afterall, there is a disclaimer that VOC has no affiliation to VOLVO UK, other than it's a group of like minded people who appreciate the Volvo Model of car, So "How WOULD the VOC know this?? This just gets better and better! Upshot of it all is, that I've spent £200 only to be left with to CRAPPIE Engine mounts and no refund. "Tough Tittie" you may say, But it STINKS!! I wouldn't have minded even a 30% handling charge, but not to even accept them??

I'm afraid chappies n' Chapesses it's "BUYER BEWARE" Be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you want the part, otherwise Y've 'Ad it!!!

And their Customer care STINKS!!! It's of no great surprise that people wander away to other marques of vehicle with a response like "Shove them ....."

Definitely an Unhappy Bunnie x( x( x(

So I won't be buying another Volvo ( I've had four in my lifetime)

Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy For my Rantings, but it felt good!!!:-)

Regards
OGB

Dave M