View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 09:35   #11
freddystall
freddystall

Talking Volvo v70 D5 brake fluid level low warning lights

I have a 2009 V70 D5 ex ambulance which is police spec. My low brake fluid level light came on intermittently at first then a few days later stayed on indicating a code of 066 when checked at my local garage (not Volvo). My front wheels also have brake pad wear wires that have been taped up. I also recently had new front tires fitted and noticed these wires. After the light came on i checked these and found that one of the connectors was rubbing on the wheel. I removed the connection, on the other side I noticed that the two sensor wires had been twisted together so I left them as they were as they have been like this for a long time. I will remove the connector to see if this puts the light out. The first time the light came on I was driving in Derbyshire on some hilly steep roads so initially I thought the light was genuine, when checked the fluid tank was full. The steep roads may have caused the sensor float to move more which has alerted the warning lights. Luckily my MOT isn't till July so hopefully will find the problem before then
freddystall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freddystall For This Useful Post: