View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 19:34   #15
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Those photos are truly excellent. Thank you again. And however I can't really get my head around the full nature of the structure yet. I'm taking those photos to my newly found welder tomorrow. I hope he can explain to me.

I think the garage trade including annual MOT testers don't understand. A tester failed my car on that rust this morning. (I think a second opinion tester will pass it tomorrow morning, that's a different matter see below.) But. The tester who failed it, looked up under the bumper and said get a welder to weld a plate on it....I tried to explain that it is known to go deeper but he wasn't listening.

Second opinion tester says NOT anywhere near a point that is subject to MOT rust test. He does agree it must be repaired, and it is in process of being booked in to a welder.

P.S. It seems the repair panel is available because: that panel although not the actual problem has to be replaced to do the job, and it is especially difficult for a welder to make that panel. Is that a fair assessment of that aspect?

Hey ho.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Sep 24th, 2019 at 20:46. Reason: P.S.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote