View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 18:50   #58
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keir v6 View Post
well the car is still here if any one wants to make a offer thanks keir
So to recap, the car was 'Category C' in 2002 - that's ten years ago. It now has a full MoT, so it should be possible through the DVLA MoT check website to look at it's MoT history back to 2006 or so.

Using the DVLA website it should be possible to check things like the last time a V5C was issued etc.

Is there any way in which the previous owner's family could be asked about the accident in 2002? (I think the actual owner had died, so that bit will need a diplomatic approach!).

If the car was without 'history' it'd be worth £1500 - from the comments earlier in the thread that sort of value was reasonable, and there's a very handsome white GLT auto (61,000), one owner, on Ebay right now at £1270 with one day to go.

With no more history than this silver car apparently has just now, I guess no-one is going to want to chance much more than a few hundred pounds for it. If the history can be satisfactorily clarified then the value of this car is going to be somewhere between £250 and £1200. Anyone any idea how much a proper inspection and report would cost? I did a quick web search but the firms I found won't quote on a car over 15 years old!

Is the VOC 240 Register Keeper able to comment or advise at all? I think that a few VOC members (me included) have contributed to this thread - and surely the VOC is all about helping people who want to keep older Volvos on the road.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: