View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 11:09   #23
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
So the cargo space of the new XC90 is bigger, but less useful, in part because of the slope angle of the tailgate?
The difference is big in the V90 compared to the V70, but it doesn't seem to be much different in the XC90,
certainly not above the glassline.
My previous car was an XC70, so I can't compare XC90's, but the cargo space of the XC90 is much bigger.
It seems very difficult for you not to be negative about SPA Volvo's. I apologize beforehand if I am mistaken.
The spa cars are all very good, I am not trying to be negative, I looked at the V90cc and had to dismiss it as a practical option for me as my dog could not fit in the back and the low sloping tailgate made it more like a long hatchback than an estate car. But it is a very good looking car.
Cargo space is still very good in the new XC90 and for most people if you need more then you need a van not an SUV, I include myself in that too, the load area with all 7 sests up is bigger or deaper on the new XC90 than the old model but rake of the tailgate reduces load height a little over the old model and as mentioned earlier the 2" extra floor width of the old model gave it the edge in the main cargo area, after all the floor is where you put most of your cargo. And you could get the industry standard 48" boards in it, the new one is only 46" wide at the floor. But still a very impressive load area and beats the rival SUVs.
All my comments were practical observasions and from user experience and not not meant to be taken as any form of criticism or negativity towards any of the new models.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote