View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 16:09   #10
windy millar

A little update, the deal with the Sussex car fell through as he sold it while I was still on holiday and then wouldn't respond to my emails, ho hum.
I have viewed 2 since then, a manual 13 plate D4 which drove well but is due both the timing belt and tensioner replacement which can be negotiated with price wise but alarmingly the paint is peeling from the front bumper due to a poor respray which was apparently done due to numerous stone chips, real shame as it drove so well, it would not be a cheap fix to get the belts done and the bumper done properly.
I have just returned from driving a 10 plate D3 geartronic which although a bit grubby inside is a very tidy car at a good price. It had a replacement engine several months ago after the tensioner had failed and took the timing belt out, unfortunately there is no service book with the car so I will do some digging with Volvo to see if there is anything on their records. The price is very fair so hopefully it will have a good history.
I must say that the more up to date features of the 2013 car has thrown me a little as I do like the extra gadgets like music streaming etc. but not sure I would want the hassle of booking it in for a paint job even if I could get a big discount off his price, though he seemed to accept it will be worth much less less than the asking price.
windy millar is offline   Reply With Quote