View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2014, 18:52   #124
Djbutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTech View Post
Hi again
Thanks for your reply and sorry to the OP for coming in and going partly off subject but, I think the answers to this are of interest to them as well as anyone else.
Nobody so far has named anyone who this has happened to or sent us off to a thread that does, I still can't see how Volvo can render your car useless, either legally or morally or any other thing for that matter. Hopefully someone will come in and give us a definitive answer, until then I think it's a myth.

Regards to all and sorry to go slightly off subject.

UKTech
Surely any agreement Volvo made with the original purchaser of the vehicle can not in law be forced upon the unsuspecting used car buyer who can prove legal possesion of the vehicle and the used radio or whatever part is fitted. To brick his car when connected to Vida can not be legal, also I did not give Volvo my permission to keep any details pertaining to me or the used parts fitted to my vehicle on any database and would be asking for the information if held to be removed before connecting Vida. In short "I don't believe it" in my best Victor Meldrew voice.
Djbutler is offline   Reply With Quote