View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 18:20   #14
davidwf15

ah, yes, thats exactly what happens..... so it doesnt actually steer or brake you back into a straight line, just warns you ??

I have to be honest and say that on my previous car (Mercedes GLB) which did have the active system it was rather a PITA at times, it was far too violent when it detected you were getting close to a white line, cutting engine power and braking the relevant wheel to pull you back to where IT THOUGHT you should be.....not good when edging out slightly to increrase visibility in readiness to overtake for example

It also had the distance controlled cruise with active steering which, again was quite violent when auto braking in traffic, the result of which was that we never used it....although it steered itself (in rather jerky movements) you also had to hold the steering wheel (so whats the point) and occasionally ended up going from side to side like a drunk driver so again we never used it.

Whilst it is not something I will miss, it would have been nice to know it was there

thanks MIKEGMT for noting that

Last edited by davidwf15; Apr 2nd, 2023 at 18:23.
davidwf15 is offline   Reply With Quote