View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 16:45   #5
RichardXC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoBrunetti View Post
Discounts on the F-Pace won't be long in coming. I understand, as an ex-XF owner still monitoring the relevant forum, that the new XE and XF are already being offered at significant discounts. And these are cars which Autocar places as class leaders. There's so much over capacity in the premium sector that prices can't hold up for all of them. Perhaps Porsche will be immune but only by restricting production. If you can wait, perhaps you should. Even PCP buyers won't be unaffected since residual values will fall leaving no equity from GMFV.
I drove a V6 F-Pace at Millbrook last year having just done exactly the same test drive in a manual 'box XC60 D5. New to the market, the other car being phased out, I was shocked at the difference between the two and wouldn't have given a thank you for the F-Pace in comparison with the XC60.

The XC60 (an R-Design) felt more alert, more powerful (yes with one cylinder less and a shortfall in BHP too!) and very much more comfortable too.

I have never,. since the FWD diesel X-type - driven a Jaguar that so disappointed, that or the XC60 is a much finer car than even we would give it credit for. Wouldn't consider the X3, but it would be interesting to try a Macan - I actually like the look of it, but suspect that, all round, I would still prefer the XC60!