Thread: S40 V40: - CEM Wiring/Repair Information
View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 17:27   #356
Supprezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
To anyone looking for relays to replace your old ones, the original relay (P1CN012W1) has been discontinued and is tricky to find. I purchased my relays from RS components for £2 each. The relays I bought are made by Panasonic and it comes up as (JSM1-12V-5) and they have worked on my car.
My dipped beam is out with a good bulb, I suspect the relay.

The P1CN012W1 is a very special animal. High inrush current rating (30A) low coil current (50mA 12V/233Ohm), small size 22x17x17mm, unusual 5 pin layout, Form C.

Tough to find a good substitute. Fujitsu is not making a direct substitute.
I'm thinking the whole design is a folly, judging by their recent offerings in automotive headlight relays.
Zettler AC943 has the same pin-out but less current rating. This may be OK if you can accept a shorter cycle life. If changing to LED headlight is an option then it would be OK. Same goes for the above suggestion.
Incandescent inrush current can be 10x the average current, may cause contact-erosion or -welding.

I'm thinking of remoting the relay(s) to a typical socketed automotive relay. Design wise, putting mechanical relays on a board is a bit "optimistic". Those harness contacts and PCB traces aren't very beefy.
The heat generated from those five relay coils is not going to help the reliability of the semiconductors on the board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fujitsuMiniAutoRelay.jpg (41.5 KB, 26 views)
Supprezz is offline   Reply With Quote