View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 11:56   #24
Greyhound1

Default Hmmmm...

I'm totally confused over what is the best fuel to use. In the past I always felt that Esso fuel gave me more mpg and the cars (various makes inc Volvo) felt smoother and more responsive. My last half dozen or so cars have all been Vollys and each seems to behave differently on a given fuel. My last 3 940's (all 2.3 LPT) seem to behave slightly better on 97RON but I'm really not sure about the improved consumption claims. Recently I've been trying the Tesco 99RON fuel and while I feel it gives me a tiny bit more ooomph, I'm worried about various reports I've seen on here about it not being so clean. Tesco state that it is cleaner than all the competition so who is right? What I can say is that locally, 97Ron from BP & Shell is around 102.9 per litre. Tesco 99 Ron is 98.9. A saving of around 20p per gallon.
In the past we used to complain that fuel had gone up by say 2p a gallon. Now we complain that fuel has gone up by 2p per litre. In English that's about 10p per gallon. We've all been conned!
A bit off topic but allied: (Can't find any specifics in the forums) Anyone out there got any recommendations re spark plugs for 940 2.3 LPT? I always found NGK worked best in Fords (Dim and distant past when I couldn't afford a real car!) So.... What's best in a 940?

Happy motoring...

Greyhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote