View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 16:44   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliathv70 View Post
I've recently installed a Volvo detachable towbar with the dedicated Volvo electrics with a 13pin connector next to the hitch.

The problem I'm having is when I plug a trailer board with an adaptor for its seven pin connector nothing works on the light board. The electrics are plug and play in the car so I cannot see there being a problem there. Everything looks to be plugged in correctly.

Can anyone confirm if Volvo need to activate anything on their diagnostics? If so is there anywhere/anyone who has this software outside of the dealerr network?

My car has previously had a towbar fitted and removed by the local dealer but I find it hard to believe they would have taken the time to remove any software if it is required.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Yes you must have a brand new trailer module and get the dealer to download the activation software .. You connected the orange wire to the fuse box ok? and fitted the 2 fuses and connected the white Earth wire to the chassis ??

Yes the dealer would have removed the software otherwise there would be a fault message in the dash about a missing trailer module .