Thread: Other S80 Problem: - Complete loss of power after exiting motorway
View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 14:59   #1
aiyassine
S80 Morden

Default Complete loss of power after exiting motorway

Hi,
This has happened three times in last couple of months! It would usually involve a trip on the motorway or a national speed limit road. My 2001 Volvo S80 auto/petrol 2.4 would simply lose power after exiting the motorway and driving at a much lower speed. The first time it happened it was on a straight stretch of road 30 mph I slowed down for the cars in front and as I attempted to pickup speed again the engine simply switched off completely. All electronics came on the dash board even the air conditioning was still blowing, but I simply had no drive and the steering became very heavy. I simply stopped to the left, applied hazard lights and put the gear stick in park position and turned the ignition to off position. I attempted to restart the car and it started straight away and drive off straight away! The second time it was also after a motorway trip but this time it did the same thing upon taking a right turn after stopping at a traffic light. Last week also the same problem but this time I was turning left after considerably dropping my speed from 60/mph to 30/mph. On all three occasions the car restarts and drives off straight away without any issues. I must admit I didn't give much thought when it happened the first time but I am worried since it happened twice again. The car was fully serviced last January and it is not showing any error codes! I do not want to take it to a garage and have the mechanics throwing guesses at me.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone who had or heard about a similar problem before.
aiyassine is offline   Reply With Quote