Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - Intermittent hesitation when warm. No codes.
View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2019, 00:24   #9
ellastonepaul

Default Intermittent Hesitation when COLD....and up to Temperature

My 4 Year old V60 D4, <30k miles, has an intermittent fault; it hesitates for 3-4 seconds OCCASIONALLY when responding to the accelerator. This is looking like potential suicide when joining roundabouts or pulling out from a junction; only other driver's reactions have prevented an accident. It was reported at 3 year service and dismissed as "turbo lag". I have been out with a Dealer Technician to try to show the problem, but of course it would not happen. Subsequent complaints resulted in Volvo instructing Dealer to replumb the EGR valve. Not the solution.

The issue arises more frequently when not up to temperature, but ALSO occasionally when temperature reached. It will occur most often when crawling in traffic for several minutes using minimum throttle, say leading to a junction, then when max acceleration required....zilch! The engine maintains tickover speed. Recently in a queue it did not respond at all. After 30 secs switched engine off, then restarted it and it was cleared. After 3-4 mins in same queue, same performance and got going again. Surprisingly problem did NOT occur again for the remaining 50 minute journey! There are no warnings or error codes.

Essentially the Dealer does not want to know. It's out of warranty. Who can I turn to who can diagnose, not just swap parts?
ellastonepaul is offline   Reply With Quote