Thread: V50 Electrics : - Anti Skid Dervice / Wipers on all the time
View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 18:13   #10
bgjuk

Today I had this problem with wipers always on, anti-skid service warning, and indicators not working, and over the last few months intermittent central locking and electric windows not working.

I believe this was all due to bad contacts in the junction box in the passenger footwell - the CEM?

I removed all the connectors and removed it from the vehicle (disconnected the -ve battery terminal first of course). Then removed all the relays and fuses, prised open the casing and removed the circuit board stack whilst wearing a grounding wrist-strap for good measure. There was some circuit board corrosion, but mostly around the periphery of the board. A careful scrub with a toothbrush loaded with electrical contact cleaner, rinse with deionised water, dry for a couple of hours in the sun and reassambled, and all appears well!

I also found a bent pin in one of the connectors that may have been inserted into an adjacent connector receptacle - perhaps from a previous repair? Also, a wire from one of the looms had become bit mangled by being caught up in one of the connector levers.

Fingers crossed, this will only have cost me £4.50 for the contact cleaner to repair...
bgjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bgjuk For This Useful Post: