View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 07:41   #6
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Sounds very much like a lazy starter, hogging all the available power from the battery and still not fast enough to spin it over to get the compression you need to fire the engine.

If you'd like a hand to do the cranking tests at a sensible hour of the day (afternoon) give me a shout.

If you have a jump-pack, connect that for the first start of the day and see if that improves matters.
I did think about the starter being the issue but, if the car was used for say shopping to Thetford Tesco, and start the car the next morning, it turns over fast enough, its like it should be, I didn't try the 1 turn over then release and try again this morning because of that very reason, so I left if for about 5 cranks, it was quick to turn over for the 1st 2 or 3 then you could tell it slowing a little, I let go and cranked again and it fired 1st turn over.

Re the jump pack idea, I don't have one, but I have left a charger on all day on auto, didn't start the car till the next morning and it turned over quickly but if I rem correctly it still didn't bite for a few cranks but it was quick turning over.

I will look at starter motors, I've fit them on other cars so should be ok with that job

Re the offer of help, afternoons is when it usually starts without too much issue, its the colder mornings where the issue lies, thank you though

I also still have the noisy (ticking) injector, I have a feeling that could be playing a part in this, I think a fuel delivery issue is the main cause that's exasperated by a less than 100% electrical issue, as you said, poss starter motor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: