View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 09:17   #35
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnparry View Post
- Wondering if it is safe to drive the car 2 miles to my garage as don't wan't to damage the engine or turbo. Sounds very impressive with just 3 feet of pipe below the manifold!

Interesting points on emissions; My 1990, Jaguar 3.6 XJS had the following at the last MoT:

CO - 0.431% (max permissible 3,500)
HC - 75 (max permissible 1200)

Above is from a 138,000 mile, non cat, engine that has never had the head off but has regular oil changes and only uses Shell V Power. As said, keep the cars in good order and emissions will be low. Interestingly the 940 was "zero" on all the emission measurements at the last 3 MoTs presumably meaning too low to measure.

Finally, I love Griston's removable cat but my internet search for friendly feline came up with some dubious responses.

Take care all,
LeeP
Shouldn't be a problem driving to the garage although passing pedestrians may need ear defenders!

I would suggest though having the crime reference number handy and phoning the garage just before you leave to let them know you're bringing it in shortly - both will help to CYA if you get stopped on the way. You may find the EML comes on during driving there because it will be running much leaner, wait until you get the car back then pull fuse #1 for 30 seconds or so then refit to clear the fault code memory before starting it.

Good figures from your Jag there, long may they continue!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: