Thread: V70: Engine - Duff Thermostat
View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 22:48   #11
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model flyer View Post
The early 2007 V70 to mid 2009 had an easy to get to thermostat. Then the late 2009 had the difficult version. My son had that one ! I believe that changed again in 2011 to tricky type. Volvo tend to change around for some reason . Dont know about later versions as have moved away from Volvo for a few years.
The simple to change thermostats are easy to see once the engine cover is pulled off.
Of course you could buy a V70 with the buried thermostat and never have a problem .
The symptoms on my sons car was that the heater never really got hot so he plugged a diagnostic in to read the temp and it was well low. With new thermo fitted car felt better and was more economical.
He met the technician who fitted the new thermostat when he went to collect from our local main dealer. He was well brassed off and said the book allowed three hours for the job and it took him over five hours ! and thats with a car lift !
Thanks for your response.

I notice in your signature that you own a Jag XF Sportbrake. Would I be correct in thinking that's an XF estate? What's your thoughts on it & have you had any mechanical issues?