View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2018, 19:06   #7
CathDog

I went the el cheapo fm transmitter route

the V50 1.6 drivE has 3 12v sockets,
1 by the driver,
1 in the middle console facing the rear passenger and
1 in the boot,

When I plugged the fm transmitter in them it did not work in all three.

so I asked a colleague if we could try it in his car and it worked so I concluded it was probably the fuses had popped.

I looked here to see which of the fuses were for the 12v and they are in position 45 and 77. (45 is for both the front and rear seat one I think.) Because the passenger 12v looks like someone had their lunch in it I think I can't use it and its a bit awkward to clean so I used the rear passenger one)

What fuses..? a bit of googling and I came to the conclusion I was looking for 15amp mini blade fuses and because I read somewhere this is quite a sensitive fuse it might pop a lot and I thought id better buy a few of them. so I bought these on amazon.

The 12v fuses are in the fuse box under the glove compartment, you don't need tools to unscrew this just normal fingers, there are two large toggle screws at either end..
PfHx8JmIT3aJbYzppvrb+Q.jpg

I had a devil of job getting the fuses themselves out, fingers, tweezers, tweezers with some rubber as purchase didn't work so I had to use my nan's trusty old pliers.

miI3jojNRCmhd+FGPS5s7w.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 18.59.26.jpg

I put it back together (first time, (I opened it up last night before I ordered the fuses), it was a bit of a struggle to get it back so the screws align but the second time it went back in place easily).

It switched on, just press the round dial

nOLdWml7RC2YNqPDuBCvSA.jpg

Its so easy to set up,
blue tooth paired it by getting my phone and when t27 (its id) came in range I paired, It defaults to the first part of fm range 87.5 and then you tune the radio to this and then hold down one of the radio preset number keys for a few seconds and 87.5 is saved there.

so far so good

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

CathDog is offline   Reply With Quote