View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2018, 23:09   #5
minkov89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Miles?

Same engine my front O2 was busted but the idle was stable.

All times when my idle drops when coming at a red light, I pull the hose and clean the butterfly flap on the tb inside and out, especially near the hinges

If the tb was pulled, was the gasket replaced? Same for the intake mani gasket if the pcv was replaced (should be done at about 80k miles)

Side note, was the maf cleaned with the correct stuff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bejldUOfVs

Don't forget the intake air thermostat on these engines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bejldUOfVs
100K miles (160K km). I used the old tb gasket because it seemed ok. I've cleaned MAF and TB with MAF cleaner by Liqui Moly. I am 99% sure that PCV has never been replaced and believe that the intake manifold has never been removed (not absolutely sure). Also I have made the PCV test with the glove on the oil cap and there is no positive pressure in the engine. The glove is slightly sucked.

I forgot to say that I have never had idle problems when the car is not moving and just idle at place. Problem occurs only when switch to neutral and when coming to a stop (again in neutral). This makes me think it is not MAF or ETM related. There is no lack of power or fluctuations when driving on gear or when engine is idling at place. When I drive even with 40-50mk/h the car is under some load. So when I switch to neutral ECU tries to force the car to come into idle. And may be at that point the lazy o2 sensor does not respond fast enough? Sensor is still not busted but may be not that efficient as a new one? I have made a test today - just pulled away the EVAP hose from the intake manifold (in order to simulate a vacuum leak). The results was engine stalls. I believe that o2 sensor have to send immediate info for lean mixture and the ECU has to handle. Am i right?
minkov89 is offline   Reply With Quote