View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2018, 07:48   #6
andyfromembsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
What is remote start meant to do in a T8, started is little different to off, apart from a few lights on the dash? The car never starts the ICE on turning the key, even with a flat battery.

Ps...i has parking climate (AC cooling) working last week on battery (~50% charge) I’m sure...
Was it plugged in though? My parking climate has always worked fine (subject to a bit of app flakiness) but I’ve only ever needed it to warm the car. This would have been cooling and I wondered if this error message was because it was cooling not heating.

On checking the manual under “preconditioning” I think I might be right. It says (obvs) the cabin is warmed using the fuel burning heater, but it does say “Preconditioning is available only when the car is connected to an electrical socket” but also “If the car is not connected to an electrical socket, it is still possible to cool the passenger compartment briefly in a warm climate by starting preconditioning directly.”. So I think that’s the issue - warming is fine when not plugged in as it uses the auxiliary heater, cooling, other than a quick blast, isn’t