View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 09:17   #1
ShadeTek
Premier Member

Default Adventures with VDASH

I had been wanting to upgrade my DIM from analogue to a digital dash from the moment I knew such a thing was available. So I acquired an XC60 2015 digital DIM from eBay for £180. It had a few scratches on the poly facia, but I buffed them out with headlamp restoration kit which made it look new again. Downloaded VDASH and opened an account. The software initially finds the CEM pin code (needing done just one) which took 23 hours btw and then the car is open to all sorts of upgrades. I had to have a 10 amp AGM charger keeping the cars power on in ignition 2 mode. I also had to keep an eye on the voltage readout on VDASH in case I cooked the battery by giving it too much power. The dash is on and working now and my next purchase will be to have the lethal start/stop function disabled on start-up. S/s is a pain and if you forget to disable it, it dies as you do a rolling stop at a junction, leaving you over the junction with no power. There are several options, two of which I remember are totally disable s/s or disable on start-up, which is the one I am going for as s/s is still useful in some situations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d1.jpg (63.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg d2.jpg (48.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg d3.jpg (45.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: png d4.png (332.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: png d5.png (325.4 KB, 108 views)

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 86000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShadeTek For This Useful Post: