View Single Post
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 01:15   #12
Colin145Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by D200VOO View Post
I thought I'd share my own early 145 with you - sorry for the poor i-phone pic.

It's also used as a regular car; carrying whatever needs carrying in the back and hooning around the lanes.

It started life as a single carb auto but is now twin carb and M41 'box.

I've got some "S" wing badges to fit this weekend.

There's another 1970 145 in Cheshire in white with the same blue interior as mine.

Toodle Pip

Simon

*Wolf Whistle* Looks really nice

Anyyyyway, sorry its been so long but i got some pics and a run down of this cars history!!

So, the car is a 1970 Volvo 145S Estate, 1 owner from new up to 2006 when it went to a bodyshop had 2 new wings and rear arches and both sides resprayed... Theres a HUGE amount of history and reciepts, currently at 193,000 miles and it had 2 engine rebuilts. and a brake overhaul in the south of france.

So every since dad owned it, 2008 at Anglia Car Auction (The auction Top Gear went to in Kings Lynn) he paid £1300!! and its 1 of 3 left in the UK! it had a water leak coming from the screen so my dad being a windscreen fitter pull it out cleaned up and reseal the screen it... Also It would running on, pinking and generally not right but would always carry on and this summer he decided enough is enough and took the head off to find this

A damaged valve seat!! So much for 2 engine rebuilts!!!

So a new head(from a 240 i believe, ground in valve seats, new gaskets & also a new clutch this thing drives like a dream!! Serious even me (a 21 year old lad) can drive it easily! The orignally 2 litre engine (was bored out in its first rebuilt) really does pull, my dad is calm when driving this but on the occasion when he hustles it along it really does move.. I call it the 'sleeper' a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Anyways enough talking, its time i show some pics. The paint isnt the best and gets affected by hard water so, we cracked out the machine polisher!!

Engine

My Dad, and the green machine!

Before

After

Nice reflection

Who doesnt love a horizontal speedo??

Anyways thought it was about time i let you gentleman catch up with the Volvo

Just in case anyones interested about my set of wheels, im not a classic car owner yet but i so want a maad volvo to tool around in.. My current set of wheels is this, picture from my home made camera rig. Mk4 1.3 Fiesta, very clean and loads of OEM mods ive done myself Please dont hate :/

Cheers Rob
Colin145Estate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colin145Estate For This Useful Post: