Thread: Lights again
View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 11:24   #5
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonjulian View Post
You know what I'm not the first person here to talk about easy fixes this week. As I said before the wiring under my dash is beautifully unmolested. It turned out to be the fusebox. A case of slow and steady does the job. Despite the fact that I had cleaned the fuses and connections as my first port of call- more cleaning was necessary- just goes to show how bright it all needs to be.
Yes, it's often surprising as to the issues that a grotty fusebox can cause. Replacing* mine immediately cured several electrical problems, the strangest being that operating the headlight flasher resulted in no headlight flash (despite the click of the relay), but also knocked out the entire circuit that also runs the brake lights, but without blowing the fuse..... Ron's excellent advice came to the rescue in solving that one

*in case you haven't seen it, there's a write-up on Ron's site about reconditioning the fuseboxes. I didn't have time to do that as my car is used daily.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.

Last edited by 222s; Sep 15th, 2010 at 11:26.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote