View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 19:10   #6
osullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
You have done a hell of a lot of work to engine

What was the original fault that made you do it all in the first place??
first was noises in the head coupled with some oil use,(new rockers etc)

then ferocious oil use which according to this forum and other sites must have been from a leaking turbo. (new turbo core)

then really bad performance filled soot filter etc. Turbo and actuator re programmed...(waste of time and money)

then new(secondhand) actuator... then brand new out of the box new turbo.... then new tyres and 4 way alignment. then rings and now back to PVC which was one of my original thoughts...

in between, new maf, tmap, exhaust temp sensors, coolant, light bulbs, battery, tow bar bluetooth parrot.... and on and on...

blood sweat and tears and cash...

Today I ordered the 8642424 and injector clips and this is it.... unless the car is fabulous...I will sell it. I can get €2500 back from the government here if I scrap it or export it, so I will sell it to the UK complete with new turbo, and new Pirelli scorpions for a very good price or else break it here... any takers for a 2006 xc90 ocean race version with a chequered past....

it does seem that the beginning of the end was frequent oil changes which removed the gunk which was actually providing the compression around the pistons....

I guess I am a self delusional tenacious optimist ....
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote