View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 17:46   #22
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
I'd love to do that! were it not for being trapped in the work/mortgage/work cycle here. Maybe one day.

I bet once you've spent a year seeing nice things, meeting nice people, having nice(er) food, weather, relaxing and not getting ripped off then the UK will be seriously underwhelming to return to.
As one whom has always enjoyed life, including my work, I tend to think life is what you make it, no matter where you are.
I have a job that affords me a comfortable lifestyle, enough holidays to enjoy traveling and a tin tent to stay in when I do so. I have yet to fully explore GB and have no particular wish to travel abroad just to see it. Maybe once I have seen all of this country and what it has to offer.
I have always found nice places to eat when out and about and at reasonable prices. Probably the worse meal I ever had was in a 2 star Michelin restraint. The Sunday roast in the pub up the road was far nicer to my mind, but perhaps I am easily pleased.

I have been abroad, it was an interesting experience, I went to visit my daughter when she was living in Bangkok. Interesting as it was, had daughter not been there I doubt I would of spent the money it cost just to see it. I suppose it added something to my life experience, but a visit to Skegness would of done so as well.

The only foreign travel I really want is a road trip above the artic circle to see the northern lights in the LandRover. I could perhaps see them in Northern Scotland but chances are better in Norway and the road trip would be the making of it, maybe next February or March, lurgi permitting or the year after if not.

Think the point I am trying to make is look for the positives not the negatives, don't look at what others have but concentrate on what will make you happy. Once contentment is achived, the rest doesnot matter.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: