View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2020, 00:55   #26
palwing

You are correct Harvey 1512, nirvana does not exist anywhere in the world today. Unless you are Richard Branson and own a private island somewhere perhaps. Even he must be struggling to find a place nowadays. It is getting harder all the time to escape the rat race as such. Almost everywhere is being sucked into the malaise of modern society today.

I don’t tell my kids where to move to, as it is their choice and their lives. What I do say it that during my life time, I have witnessed a slow decline in the moral fibre of life in the U.K. My advice to them is to spread their wings and explore further afield. Have a look and seek a better quality of life than I believe this country will offer them (and their kids) during their life time. I hope they find it and above all, wish them good health and happiness what ever they decide. At the end of the day, we all have our own path in life to follow.

If you are happy with the way things are here, then stay and enjoy. I just know I have experienced better elsewhere and feel in a reasonable position to knowledgeably make a comparison. Unfortunately, recent unforeseen circumstances mean I am now stuck here for the rest of my life, never to travel again. It appears, this is not likely to be much longer in the big scheme of things, else I would also seek my “nirvana”, which is not where I am today. Good luck (and good health) for your future.

Edit: we should start a “meaning of life thread”

Last edited by palwing; Sep 17th, 2020 at 02:35.
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palwing For This Useful Post: